Subscribe to updates by email:

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

just so you know X2

a bit more of explaining.

two questions were answered by the radiologist:
one was my desire to get a biopsy to confirm cancer in the nodes.
we looked at my scans together which provided outstanding context.
she showed me where the nodes are and how two little ones are near the surface
and the biggest one is right beside the original pee-squeezing tumor.
she said she is 90% sure the big one is cancer.
she said even if we biopsied one of the little ones and it can back negative
she would not believe it given the looks of the bigger node.
and that big one, its so far in it would be risky to biopsy.
number two is that i was really feeling concerned about the original tumor
and the chance that it may have seeded.
on the PET scan it is not showing itself
i was told though if its less than a centimeter it won't show up.
unsettling.
asking dr. uppal this is the way they do it.
you just can't know.
yuck.
i don't like that.
so this radiologist told me that because the 'tumor' and the node are right next to each other
we can point the big boom booms at the tumor too.
well that made me feel better.
git it gone.

like so many other happenings in my life
i am about to embark on doing something i never thought i would do.
I'm feeling good about it in my guts though.
a lot of white light will be going up in there.
i hope to be starting sometime next week.

lets talk about this more later:
how i want to acknowledge that it may be difficult for you to reach out to me.
lets talk about the uncomfortableness of disease and facing mortality.
cause i feel it effecting me.
and i want to be close to you.
and i want you to hold me sometimes.

c.



10 comments:

  1. Cousin, this cancer curse our family has dealt with is

    the good (brought us closer),
    the bad, (loss of loved ones) and
    the ugly, (that scary looking person staring back at you in the mirror).

    While it too has been my demon, it has made me understand that the family
    I come from is strong,
    resilient,
    determined,
    loving and
    triumphant.

    Radiation is a monotonous beast, but can zap those cells and give you hope. You are taking charge of cancer, not giving into its power over you.

    I'm so proud of you.
    You Caryn, -
    your spiritual being,
    your soul,
    Your humor,
    your energy,
    your heart,
    Your smile,
    they are what define Caryn....

    not those tumors and nodes.


    I love you and I am here for you - always. XO

    Sheri Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caryn. You are a brave and beautiful person. One who I think about constantly and am sending all of my power for love and health. You are strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Caryn, I am following and caring and sending love from the distance of miles and years. Rooting for you so hard!! And learning, learning, learning from everything you teach. You are sending so much more than you realize through your blog. I hope a little good energy gets sent back from this distance to add to the incredible inner and outer strengh that clearly bolsters you. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo Sheri's, Rachel's and Meredith's posts. Love you so very much and am awed by your strength and determination to fight this f---ing disease which I detest with every bit of me. Holding you close and praying for a speedy and complete healing. You know where I live and the door is always open to you. I know where you live and can be there in 6-7 minutes. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending love Caryn! So intense.

    Missing you. Almost over our colds and then we want to see you & Hazel ASAP!!! You are so beautiful, brave, and wise. I treasure you!!! Wanting to be with you.

    There is so much that you have been through. Mind boggling. Wanting good things for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such bravery and honesty and wisdom. You are truly inspirational. Holding you in my heart. -Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bravery really moves me and your steadfastness in the face of uncertainty. And your openness and honesty. It seems to me, that you are gracefully and openly "leaning into the sharp points" of life. A thought from Pema Chodron that stuck with me: "Lean into the sharp points and fully experience them. The essence of bravery is being without self-deception. Wisdom is inherent in (understanding) emotions" P.C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caryn, I am so glad you are moving forward doing something you never thought you would do, that's incredibly exciting and I am praying you feel carried by all this love and light surrounding you, permeating you, you brave, bold girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking about your every day. I want your body to step up and be strong, to match your spirit, to match your soul. That is my wish for you for today. Sending you love and some spare strength. L

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you and inspired by your courage!

    ReplyDelete