Subscribe to updates by email:

Friday, March 22, 2013

the day after and some good numbers.

sorry for the confusion.
i ended up switching my chemo to thursday so i could see dr. liu on her only day in clinic. because my white counts were too low last week she wants me to wait 4 weeks until my next infusion to give my whites time to come up.
she also sent me home with three shots of neupogen to help that process. each shot costs about 300$ thank you university of michigan M support for continuing to pick up the bill for me. on a good note my CA125 (a blood test used to measure the amount of cancer in your body- which by the way is considered to be an inaccurate test) was 471.8 before my surgery, and 52.9 after. following my first infusion my CA125 came down to 7.1. dr. liu said it wont come down any more, that these results after one bout of chemo are absolutely amazing. even after two infusions it would still be considered miraculous. but, and i did ask her, i do have to follow up the course and get 4 more treatments.
my next chemo is on my 37th birthday. my dearest melissa has set up a really sweet chart so you can come visit me if you like. you can find it at
http://doodle.com/s3fnsn7vazxzxaaw
they switched up my pre-chemo anti-nausea drugs this time. not much upset to speak of. strangly im having an unsettling feeling about it. melissa had a good analogy. its like getting an epidural for chemo. im going through it and part of me feels like i should be experiencing it more. im covered in bandaids. never been a fan of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment