Subscribe to updates by email:

Friday, October 2, 2015

hello mr. Barak Obama.

hello Mr. Barak Obama whom I respect very much.  

I'm writing in hopes that I can receive some support
for my current medical situation. 

I am a 39 year old mother of a five year old girl-child. 
my husband of 7 years and I just recently decided to separate. 
literally 3 days later I was re-diagnosed with ovarian cancer. 

we have very expensive insurance because of my history
of cancer and because I have the BRAC1 gene I have both a yearly MRI
and mammogram testing. 

we are above the poverty line but by no means wealthy. 
my husband-ish is a native plant landscaper. 
I am a birth doula, herbalist, and stay at home mama. 
honestly we spend the majority of our income on organic non-processed food for our family. 


prior to my re-diagnoses we were spending
13-15% of our income on my hospital health care. 
this is not to mention the other 3 alternative healers
we pay for out of pocket. oye!

I recently applied for Msupport from the university
of michigan and was denied because we have modest savings. 

I ask you is it now expected that we spend our combined 
life savings on my cancer treatment?

and not just that, we are
trying to sell our 2 acre farm because we will now need
to rent two separate homes. 

the one thought I have is that We could quick quick
file for divorce so I could get Medicaid as I am unable to work. 

not only will that take a long time to process I'm sure, but I feel like I would just be trying to get around the system. honestly my heart is not ready to do that if you can understand. 

what would you advise I do in this situation?

being a individual who operates from the heart I am having trouble
believing that I am simply bound to be stuck here without a creative solution from my government. 

I very much appreciate you taking the time to read my little novel here. 

please I hope you will respond as soon as you are able. 

blessings on your beautiful family
and on your path always. 

Caryn Simon. 


about my work:
www.carynascreatrix.com

about my journey with cancer:
http://dancinginsidemyself.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. I love the letter. Made me a bit weepy. Sending love your way <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in Michigan it takes 6 months. feels like it would be really stressful and I absolutely can't have any stress right now given my health situation so I feel kind of stuck Heather Heather. errrrrrrrrr.

      Delete
  2. Our healthcare system is not designed for the well-being of people or of society as a whole. And you capture that beautifully! That said, going on Medicaid would simply be making use of what the system does have in place. You may have to get at it through frustrating means, but it could be worth it. Divorce is a piece of paper. Connection is in the heart and that is never captured through legalese.

    ReplyDelete