Subscribe to updates by email:

Sunday, February 3, 2013

upon departure.

february third 2013
(to the nurses of 8b)
my mother baked cookies because she is a loving jewish mama and she wanted to say thank you on behalf of our family for all of the confident and kind care you have given me in the past twelve days.
i feel uneasy this morning. of course i would rather be in my own home yet in such a short yet long time this floor has become my home. someone has always been close to help me. i want to leave AND i am fearful of what comes next. this place: a place of my oddly shaped rectangular walking block, of heprin bruised arms and tortured bowels, hazel placed rainbow stickers and tears and tears and tears.
thank you for your smiles
your looks in my eyes
and our moments of laughter
i will forever be grateful
blessings.
caryn simon




No comments:

Post a Comment